3500+ people involved, 250+ interest points mapped in 4 countries, 13 sustainable tourism itineraries developed, and much more to celebrate with us on May 17 and 18, 2023.
The EU-funded CROSSDEV project – Cultural Routes for Sustainable Social and Economic Development in Mediterranean – is coming to an end after years of hard work in four Med countries: Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine.
The numerous successful stories and huge impact of the project on the working areas certainly call for celebrations. But before that, let’s see some figures!
- 3500+ people actively involved in awareness campaigns and awareness and sensitization activities
- 400+ people technically trained – Guides, small business owners, tourist services, cultural heritage managers, young entrepreneurs, students, women associations, food producers
- 24 grants awarded
- 170 private actors, enterprises, SMEs involved
- 13 new sustainable itineraries created – with experiences focused on culture, adventure, nature, sport, art, food & wine. All created with the local communities
- 45000+ tourists visiting the news destinations in the last 4 years
- 5 local action plans
- 23 cultural and historical sites improved, requalified, equipped
- 70+ visibility and promotional initiatives – Educational and press tours, international B2B meetings, tour operator sites tests, exhibitions, awareness and clean-up campaigns, school trips
- 250+ interest points mapped - 56 attractions, 31 small towns and villages, 125 tourism services, 39 experiences, 11 events
The final event
“Discovering Hidden Mediterranean Destinations”, CROSSDEV’s final event, will take place on May 17th and 18th, 2023 at the Jabal Moussa Biosphere Reserve, in Lebanon, one of the five destinations developed by the project.
Jointly organized by CISP, project lead – and APJM – the Association for the Protection of Jabal Moussa, local partner – the event will reunite all partners, representatives of the European Union and the Lebanese and Italian Governments, international tour operators, civil society organisations, and members of the Lebanese local community; all actors that have been involved in the development of the project since day one and actively contributed to its success and wonderful achievements.
The event’s agenda
MAY 17TH 2023, DAY 1
On the first day, all guests will gather at the Qehmez entrance of the Jabal Moussa Biosphere Reserve to get to know more about the project’s results, the impact on the local communities in the four countries and the itineraries developed by the partners in their destinations.
Highlights of the day will be the official launch of CROSSDEV’s official video: “I am the Mediterranean” and the grand opening of the Jabal Moussa Culture and Tourism Center, a brand-new information center built on a reclaimed quarry to save the land from continuous exploitation.
During the day, all partners will present the products of their developed sustainable tourism destinations – Aqaba and Umm Qais in Jordan, Via Selinuntina in Italy, Palestinian Heritage Trail in Palestine and, obviously, the Jabal Moussa Biosphere Reserve in Lebanon – as well as the best practices to create similar sustainable tourism products around the Med area.
Local and international tour operators will also have the chance to book individual B2B sessions to with the partners to get more information and plan their visits and tour packages.
Traditional products, food, and dances will add up to this first day!
MAY 18TH 2023, DAY 2
On the second day all guests are invited to taste the beauty of the Jabal Moussa Biosphere Reserve through a special hike along the newborn Meditation Trail. The hike will touch some of the most beautiful places in the area and will include a lunch and traditional experiences. From folk poetry to handicrafts, from Roman ruins to mythology, the day will be full of wonders!
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE EVENT’S FULL PROGRAM
The Hidden Mediterranean platform
Do you want to discover more about the other CROSSDEV’s destinations? Visit HIDDEN MEDITERRANEAN and start planning your sustainable trip!